Pages

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Banana and Walnut Muffins Recipe


Just round the corner from my new flat is a market stall that sell a ridiculous amount of fruit for just £1. Its basically one pound per bowl and in that bowl fit around 15 bananas! Yes great price you may think..but I bought apples and grapes too so needless to say we had a lot of bananas running out of time to be eaten!
Since I have been feeling poop all week with a stooopid chest infection I decided to make something yummy that reminds me of when I was younger (My Nan and I used to make something similar) so here is my Banana and Walnut Muffins.

Ingredients-
230g Plain Flour
200g White Sugar
1tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
¼ Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
80g Chopped Walnuts
2 Eggs
100g melted sated butter
3 ripe Bananas (mushed or mashed, however you would like to say it)
1tsp Vanilla Extract



Ready for how simple it is?!

  • In a bowl mix all the ingredients together
  • In a seperate bowl mix all of the wet ingredients
  • Pour the wet ingriendents into the dry and fold to mix it all together
  • Pop a heaped spoonful of the mixture into 12 cupcakes cases that are in a cupcake or muffin baking tray
  • pop them in the oven for around 13 minutes or until you can stick a knife in them and it comes out clear
  • and VWALA! 

They are SO delicious and so yummy warm straight from the oven. They would be great with custard or cream too! 

Let me know if you try them..








Lauren x


2 comments:

  1. Scrummy and simple - perfect!! And how cheap was that fruit?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...